||William Henry Bossons, a retired pottery manufacturer, started making
metal Christmas figurines as a hobby in 1944. The success of his
tiny figures, which he sold door to door, led him to open the Bossons factory
in 1946. Located in Congleton, Cheshire, England, the Bossons factory
was family run (William's son W. Ray Bossons took over in 1951 when William
died) until 1996 when it finally closed. Throughout its 50 year history
the factory specialized in character wall masks and other artware products
that were all handpainted with an incredible eye for detail.
Upon its closing the Bosson family made it known that none of the names
or molds to their products would ever be sold to another company for reproduction,
nor are there any plans to ever resume production.